- B.Sc(Botany) is an undergraduate Botany course. Botany, plant science or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life.
- Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines concerned with the study of plants, algae and fungi, including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups.
- Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest sciences.
- The course structure of these courses are designed while keeping in mind the market demand for skilled and efficient professional who can effectively cater to the demands of growing botanical industry.
The minimum eligibility to apply for Bachelor of Science in Botany is a pass in +2. Physics, chemistry and biology are the main subjects which are considered while giving admissions
Career Prospectus / Higher Studies
- Plant Pathologist
- Farming Consultant
- Environmental Consultant
- Molecular Biologist
- Plant Biochemist
- Nursery Manager
- Forester/Park Ranger
- Plant Explorer
- Master of Science in Botany
- Master of Philosophy in Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology
- Master of Philosophy in Plant Molecular Biology
- Master of Science in Applied Biology
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Computational Biology
- Master of Science in Conservation Biology
- Master of Science in Environmental Biology
- Master of Science in Environmental Microbiology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computational Biology